- If you’ve ever wanted to smash your iPhone, Macbook or any Apple product for that matter, you can do it vicariously through these images.
- The top 15 craziest Christian music videos including, a version of the Vanilla Ice hit called Christ Christ Baby.
- Awful paintings of famous politicians.
- A group of 7-year old children were accidentally shown Saw 3D instead of the cartoon Megamind at the cinema.
- The world’s most unique streets.
Rolling In The Deep is the first single from Adele’s second and forthcoming album 21 which is produced by Rick Rubin. Her voice is the killer as ever.
Theophilus London & Solange Knowles
The super-hip New York rapper Theophilus hooks up with Beyoncé’s little sister and Dev Hynes of Lightspeed Champion for this downbeat but smooth night-time pop song.
Listen at Nialler9..»
Eleventy Four – The Cake Song
Dublin-based quirky folk singer-songwriter Eleventy Four visited Sicily and discovered all the Sicilians ate was cake. So she wrote a song about it.
Listen at Soundcloud..»
Chromeo & La Roux get in a hot mess
The 12” mix of Hot Mess, the latest single from ’80s-tinged electro Chromeo adds extra verses from Elly Jackson aka La Roux.
He talks like the character. Plus he owns a mammoth amount of memorabilia.
Cataloguing the incredulous, strange and once-off situations captured by Google Street View cameras while roaming the earth.
All Day Samples
If you downloaded Girl Talk’s new mashup album All Day (as recommended last week), this site will tell you exactly what sample is playing at any point during the album.
Free Albums Galore
A blog collating the best free and full legal album downloads available on the web.
Vincent Gallagher’s short film focuses on the unseen magic in everyday life.
A followup post to this week’s feature:
- The Cast of Cheers – Chariot
- Angkorwat – Early EP
- Sleep Thieves – It Was Only A Satellite
- Visionair – Autumn EP
- Hipster Youth – Teenage Elders
- We Are Losers – EP
- School Tour – Yes Way Tour EP
- Yeh Deadlies – The Dead Living EP
- Chequerboard – Gothica
- Hunter Gatherer – Fingerprint Series
Harry is his name and the boy’s coming straight out of Hogwarts…
There is no doubt that Irish music is in a fruitful age at the moment. The country’s musicians are producing massive amounts of high-quality music. No longer is it left up to a troop of unimaginative troubadours to serenade us gently into our twilight years. The country is teeming with innovative musicians performing in all genres ambient instrumentals, cutting-edge electronica, DIY hip-hop, adrenalin-soaked rock, folk, lo-fi indie and guitar pop.
The last time this country was in a recession, we were missing something called the internet. Musicians, whether they have a full-time job or not, now have the advantage of a completely independent path. Computer music software has made it easier than ever to make music and modern music technology on the web makes it easier to share that music with potential fans. There are a huge amount of Irish artists sharing their music online for free using services like Bandcamp and getting the word out via bloggers. Here are some of the most recent artists gaining attention.